Join Chautauqua County 4-H!
4-H is fun for all ages! There are a number of projects and opportunities to choose from and you can join today. If you are 5-8 years old you can join as a Cloverbud, if you are 9-19 years old you can join as a regular 4-H member.
To join as a Cloverbud or a regular member you need to complete 4 steps:
1. Complete and return the Youth Enrollment Form This forms lets us know who you are and your project interests. If you are looking to join a club and not sure of which clubs are in your area you can call the 4-H office 716-664-9502 Ext. 214 first and we can introduce you to club leaders from throughout the county.
2. Complete the Youth Code of Conduct .These are the standards that we ask our youth to uphold.
3. Complete the Medical Release and Acknowledgement of Risk Form . This is a medical release form that we keep on file just in case something happens while you are at a 4-H Event. Be sure to complete both sides.
4. Send in the 3 items above with the $50 enrollment fee to CCE Chautauqua @ JCC Carnahan Center 525 Falconer St. PO Box 20 14702. Checks can be made payable to CCE-Chaut. This $50 is a yearly enrollment fee. Additional club dues and project fees may apply.
To become involved in 4-H as a volunteer:
1. Complete the Application . Be sure to include full names and addresses for two references.
2. Complete and review the Volunteer Enrollment, Code of Conduct, and Acknowledgement of Risk forms. The complete fillable form can be found here.
3. Review the Sample Volunteer Job Description.
Once your application is accepted and your references are received you will be asked to:
1. Compete a 1 hour Orientation, offered throughout the year
2. Complete an Interview Sheet - this helps us learn more about your interests and areas of expertise.
3. Consent to a background check
4. Complete an annual Adult Enrollment form
At a later date you may be asked to complete a DMV verification release form.
Last updated September 7, 2021